So today I wanted to do a fun tag that I haven’t seen around that much. Unfortunately I’ve been unable to find the original creator of this tag, however, I found this on Jessica Writes blog.
Let’s jump right in…
1. Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?
It depends on the genre, I find with thrillers that I prefer a really brief summary as they are best enjoyed when you don’t know too much about them.
A few books have ruined the ‘surprise twist’ because of what was written in the synopsis.
2. New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
So, paperbacks are my favourite, hardbacks are stunning but I find them impractical and annoying to read. I do enjoy eBooks and audio however I will always chose a paperback first.
3. Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean?
I’ve recently started tabbing my books, I’ve colour coded my whole tabbing system. I also stick post-it notes in if I want to write some thoughts down. It’s not that I’m against writing/underlining in my books, Tabs and post-it notes are just easier to find.
4. Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
Is this a thing? It never crosses my mind to see the authors gender before reading a book.
5. Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
Nope never! I don’t understand how people can enjoy books after reading the last page. The whole book is building up to the last few pages isn’t it? Why would you even want to do it?!
6. Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
I love seeing organised bookshelves and the idea of them, yet when it comes to my bookcase it’s just a mess! There are piles everywhere, nothing is sorted by author or genre, it’s just a hot mess!
7. Have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Haven’t we all?
8. Take it outside to read, or stay in?
99.9% of the time I read either on my sofa or in bed. I live in Liverpool so it’s not all warm enough to comfortably read outside. I would love to buy a big comfy garden chair so that I can read outside more.
I tag anyone that want’s to do this, please send me your link as I’d love to read them.
See you in the next one…