So, I’ve had this tag in my drafts for a few months now and I decided to finally take the time to answer these questions. I wasn’t tagged in this but I saw it over on Yolanda’s blog Past Midnight and thought it would be fun.
Let’s jump right in…
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Yes unfortunately! I think this is the reason why I listen to so many audio books on the bus as I just can’t read physically without feeling sick.
2. The Harry Potter Series or The Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer
I’ve never read Twilight so I can only pick Harry Potter.
I’m 3 books into my first ever reread of Harry Potter as an adult and I’m really loving it.
The first two books weren’t as amazing as I expected, however I loved The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire has always been my favourite of the movies, so I’m excited to get around to reading it.
3. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it?
I don’t carry a specific book bag, however I always have a book in a book sleeve with my sticky notes in whatever bag I use.
4. Do you smell your books?
Not particularly as the majority of mine or second hand so they don’t usually have that new book smell.
5. Books with or without illustrations?
Illustrations are definitely a bonus, however I don’t have many books with illustrations in them.
6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
When I was in high school I used to love the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison however, If I was to read them again now I don’t think I would be impressed with them.
7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
In my first year at high school I was caught in the smokers corner reading my book at dinner, I didn’t actually know it was where the smokers went at the time, it made the teacher laugh who thought he was going to be giving someone a detention.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Tangleweed and Brine by Deirdre Sullivan is only 180 pages long and it has quite a few illustrations with it as it is bewitched retellings of fairy tales.
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice & Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin being 918 pages.
10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future becoming an author?
Oh no, I’m definitely better at reading than writing, I don’t have the feeling to write my own book.
11. When did you get into reading?
It’s hard to remember, probably when I started bringing books home from school to read, I was the only one around me to actually be excited when it was time for silent reading.
12. What is Your Favourite Classic Book?
I haven’t read many classics, I’m hoping to read a couple next year, so I don’t have an answer for this at the minute.
13. In school was your best subject English or another Language Arts subject?
I was really good at English Language and English Literature, however I did enjoy German, I wasn’t very good at it but I still throw around the couple of phrases that I remember every now and then.
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I’ve had this before and I thanked them and I was genuinely grateful, I then proceeded to unhaul it without that person knowing.
15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
I’m going to say His Dark Materials, I read the first 1 or 2 books back in school but I couldn’t remember a thing, so I’m halfway through the first book again.
16. What is your favourite word?
I honestly can’t say that I have one.
17. Are you a Nerd, Dork, or Dweeb? Or all of the above?
Aren’t we all book nerds?
18. Vampires or Faeries?
I don’t think I’ve read any books involving faeries, honestly I’ve only read two books involving vampires and I really enjoyed them so I will have to go with them.
19. Bookmark or Random Piece of Paper?
I’d love to say bookmark, however normally it would be just a random piece of paper or sweet wrapper, sometimes I even dog-ear books which doesn’t bother me at all.
20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I’m still relatively new to YA and Fantasy books so I haven’t come across a lot of tropes yet, I think I would prefer forbidden love, the only love triangle I’ve come across is from The Hunger Games and that was just ridiculous.
21. One book at a time or several books at once?
I normally have 3 books going at the same time, one physical, one eARC and one audio.
22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
The majority of the time I make it to the end of the chapter, however when I’m reading books in bed I have a few times fallen asleep before finishing the chapter.
23. Do you write in your books?
I don’t write in my books, however I have started underlining and decorating chapter headers in my Harry Potter books, I don’t think I would do it in many others, it just feels right for these.
24. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
For the first time ever this weekend I listened to Gryffindor and Slytherin themed ASMR Rooms and I actually loved it! I really enjoyed Hagrid’s Hut one aswell as that had a thunder storm with the rain hitting the window, it was so relaxing that I will definitely be doing that again.
25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
Always silently in my head, I struggle reading out loud as sometimes my brain works faster than my mouth and I end up merging words together, it’s bad enough reading books to Noah, he just laughs whenever I mess up.
BONUS QUESTION: Physical book, e-book or audio book?
If I had to choose just one, it would always be physical, however I always have one of each of these formats at the same time.
I tag anyone who wants to do this!
See you in the next one…