So, here we are with another book tag, once again, I’ve not been tagged I just thought that this would be fun.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR, how do you decide what to read next?
I usually just grab 3 books which jump out at me in that moment. It usually takes me a little while to finally decide on one after flicking through them all after a little while. The times where I just don’t know which one to start I get my Fiance Chris to chose the one which he likes the sound of most and then that’s the one I read.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
This is so difficult, I hate abandoning books, If it is for a blog tour then I am definitely committed to it. Unless it’s terrible then I do try my hardest to make it through to the end, even if I’m just skim reading it.
3. The end of the year is coming fast and you’re behind on your reading challenge? Do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Yes I do try to catch up, I will carry my kindle around with me everywhere and whenever I get some time free, even just 10 minutes then I can usually finish a book in a day or 2.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I just put up with them, unless I find the other covers cheap or on offer.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
There are so many people who share their views on twitter and through their blogs, I will put my thoughts out there and hope that someone feels the same as I do.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying your eyes out. How do you deal?
I rarely cry at the books that I read (yeah I know, I may be heartless) However, if I was to do that then I would try to turn away from everyone and maybe get a coffee or water, I always force a drink down me to stop me from crying.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I would hope that my review would be enough to jog my memory. However, my memory is terrible since my seizures couple that with how sparse my reviews are up until the last 4 months then that is not going to help. So I would probably read other peoples reviews, especially those who describe a lot of the book rather than just their own opinion.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I usually tell people that they can borrow any of my books except a selection which I have already told them are off limits.
9. You have picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I would probably pick up the shortest book I have, make myself a mocha and if my little boy is not in the house I make a little den in his room and that usually gets me in the mood to settle and read.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read. How many of them do you end up buying?
Honestly I can’t afford to buy brand new releases. The only way I would be able to read brand new books is if I get accepted for ARC’s.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they actually sit on your shelf before you read them?
Honestly that could range from not even making it onto my shelf before I devour them to being on my bookcase for months, even years.
What are the favourite tags that you have taken part in?
See you in the next one…