Guess what!!! Well you probably have already guessed from the title, but I have been nominated by the lovely Autumn @autumnbookreads for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
I love your blog and feel so privileged.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by bloggers, in recognition for inspiring positivity and creativity within the blogging community.
- Write a post about your nomination and the award.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
- List the rules within your blog post.
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
1. If you could read any book again for the first time, which would it be and why?
This is so difficult to narrow down to just one, I recently did a post of the 10 books I would love to read again for the first time which you can check out here.
I can narrow it down to just two You Let Me In by Lucy Clarke and The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn. The suspense through both was so addictive and that is what I crave in books, unfortunately these just wouldn’t be the same the second time round and that sucks!
2. What is your biggest unpopular bookish opinion?
I’m not sure if this is classed as a big one but I just don’t see the appeal of romance novels and in particular those bordering on the side of erotica, it’s just not for me. I think the biggest reason why they just don’t do it for me is because I find the covers so cringeworthy, some of them literally make my toes curl.
3. What is a book that you keep intending to read, but always seem to put off, and why?
The first one that comes to mind is the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes. I’ve had volume 1 of this on my bookcase for sooo long and I do keep picking it up, however, I just haven’t got around to actually start reading it.
4. What is a book that you have read that has very few ratings on Goodreads, but you still enjoyed it?
Darke Blood by Lee Hall, if you haven’t read my review then check it out here! I’m actually shocked that this only has 18 ratings, what the hell is that all about? It’s the first and only vampire novel that I have read and as a complete newbie I really did enjoy it, so go check it out.
5. What is an underrated series that you feel more people need to know about?
The Social Media Murders trilogy by Angela Clarke, (yes I know it’s a trilogy, not technically a series but It’s my blog so I’m including it) overall has very few ratings but I really loved them. Follow Me has 2,282 ratings, Watch Me has 835 and Trust Me has 377. It is so underrated! I love anything to do with the dark side of social media so this is perfect for me!
6. Are book to movie or book to TV show adaptations better?
I would definitely have to say TV show adaptations, I don’t feel like a movie is enough time to do a book justice. I love the first series of the adaptation of The Handmaids Tale which I didn’t expect due to my true love for the book. However, i’m not 100% sure about the second and third series as they have no book to guide them. Also, even though I have only read the first Killing Eve book I did enjoy the series.
7. What is your favourite post that you have done?
I love doing Down the TBR Hole posts, it’s so interesting seeing what I wanted to read years ago and if I still want to pick them up.
8. If you were to get a bookish tattoo, what would it be and why?
This is such a difficult one, I have two tattoos already the infinity sign with a mickey mouse head in and Dad written in his handwriting from an old birthday card. And a few lines from his funeral song (Time to say goodbye by Andrea Bocelli and Sara Brightman) in it’s original Italian. So I wouldn’t want a quote, I think if anything I would love pages coming out of a book to create something living.
9. If you could have a conversation with any author, what three questions would you ask them?
Lars Kepler who writes my favourite series of all time (Joona Linna) which if you have been following my blog for a while you will probably be bored of hearing me talk about. I know that this is technically two authors, however they write the books together so it’s in.
1. Where do you get the inspiration for the ridiculously creepy but amazing serial killer characters and the murders that they commit?
2. What is it like writing as a duo, do you have conflicts over the direction you want the story to go?
3. How many more books do you plan on writing? Please never stop!!!
10. What is one of your ships that didn’t work out, but you will still go down with it and defend it anyways? ***REMEMBER TO PUT A SPOILER WARNING***
Not book related but House and Cuddy I wanted so bad for them to get together!!
11. If you could reverse any three character deaths, who would they be? ***REMEMBER TO PUT A SPOILER WARNING***
*** Spoilers this way***
I had such a difficult time trying to answer this question as the majority of the books I read are about other people being killed rather than the main or supporting characters dying so I only had a small selection to choose from.
John Coffey from The Green Mile, why why why?! This was actually one of the rare times that I cried from a characters death.
From Cinder (Lunar Chronicles) Linh Pearl, why is it always the nice ones that die?!
Also Iko the house robot, can this be classed as a character death?
Well anyway, I’m including it.
- Which three characters do you wish would have died in place of others?
- If you could only recommend one book for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Which author have you read the most books by and how many?
- What is your lowest rated book?
- What makes you pick up a book?
- Name three books by authors new to you in the last year
- Which books do you want to see made into a movie or TV Series?
- Other than reading what are you really passionate about?
- Do you have any long term goals?
- How far in advance do you plan your blog posts? Do you have any scheduled or write them as you go?
- What made you want to start your blog? What do you want from it?
Book lover kate | Kate
Books lover readers | Steph
Bookishly Britknee | Brittany
BW Reviews | Chantel
Kayl’s all booked up | Kaylee
Mug full of books | Charlotte
On the shelf reviews | Lorna
Purple Manatees | Christine
Read yourself happy | Penny
Reviews by Chloe | Chloe
Write where I read
Please go and follow these wonderful bloggers! They put so much love and effort into every post and they deserve recognition.
I’ve found that interacting within the community is so important to help you grow as a blogger as well as grow your following.
Thank you again Autumn for the nomination it means a lot.
See you in the next one…